Thursday, September 29, 2011

October Books

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (10/4)

The conclusion to the trilogy.  Sigh.  It's always sad when something comes to an end, but then I remember I get to read the books again if I want and so it's not as sad.

The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan (10/4)

This is the second book in his Heroes of Olympus series, the follow-up to the Percy Jackson books.  I quite enjoyed the first book in this one, The Lost Hero.

Half-Blood by Jennifer Armintrout (10/18)

This one sounds interesting. I rather enjoy stories (see above) involving gods and mythology and this one sounds intriguing.  Plus, she's a debut author and I love supporting debut authors.

Between the Sea and Sky by Jaclyn Dolamore (10/25)

I adored Magic Under Glass.  (Sequel to that coming in April.)  I think the story premise of this sounds really intriguing.  A mermaid who wants to be a siren, the highest social/political position a mermaid can attain and who has the ability to change her tail to legs?  Totally there.  Add in mystery and romance and I'm sold.

Mastiff by Tamora Pierce (10/25)

This is the third book in this series.  I've loved pretty much every single book by Tamora Pierce.  Her books are a big part of my reading past.  They're ones I re-read just for the sheer enjoyment of the characters and story.  I started re-reading one to look at how she dealt with the passage of large spans of time and before I knew it the book was over.  I'd completely stopped paying attention to the craft behind the story.

1 comment:

All content copyright of the author. Please ask permission before re-printing.

Fair use quotations and links do no require prior consent of the author.