Thursday, October 15, 2009

I discuss music and ice cream!

Part 2!

OK, I'll address the "hot" topic first.

Glam asked, "Why did you decide to come out of the anonymous closet?"
L.T. Host asked, "What made you decide to shed the anonymous?  Good decision, no matter the cause."

There are two reasons for this.  The first is that it was starting to feel like it was time.  I'd already started revealing my identity to certain people via e-mails.  It just happened that way.  I'd met some blog friends in person already, too.  The other reason is that I entered Nathan's first paragraph contest.  I always told myself that I'd shed the NWA identity when it was time to query.  Putting my work out there for a real live agent to look at felt too much like an informal query to keep with the old name.  It was time to own up to my work and myself instead of hiding behind a mask.


Roni asked, “What song do you think is best for the soundtrack of your new WiP?”

By new WiP, I assume you mean Lodestar. And as soon as you asked me this, I had an answer because it actually came to me in the car the other day. I was listening to the soundtrack for The Princess Diaries 2: The Royal Engagement. There’s this song on there, titled “Because You Live.” It’s sung by Jesse McCartney. There’s a line in the chorus that says, “Because you live, girl, my world has twice as many stars in the sky.” If this book ever gets finished, and it gets read by anyone other than myself, (i.e. published) you’ll get why the line is so perfect.


Elana asked, “What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?”

I’m ashamed to say that vanilla is what first comes to mind. I love to drown vanilla ice cream (especially vanilla bean ice cream) in Hershey’s syrup, eat a few bites then spend several minutes turning my vanilla into chocolate. But I don’t like chocolate ice cream. (Except a Frosty.) The other fave would have to be Coldstone’s Cheesecake ice cream with graham cracker crumbs and strawberries.

16 comments:

  1. Not only a name, but a face? Congratulations! The writer and the person become one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you decided to :)

    I need to go find your paragraph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanilla with hot fudge is the way to go!

    Congrats on shedding your anonymity :) I have to say I love the title "Lodestar." And good luck on the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for answering the questions. I entered Nathan's contest yesterday too, although I'm not too hopeful considering the bazillion entries he's gotten. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! You're not anonymous anymore. Cool. I think I saw you at the Book Academy. Weren't you at the table with Elana and Windy where I was sitting at the end? Sorry I didn't come right out and introduce myself. Good luck in the paragraph contest (I entered it too.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Liza.

    Thanks, L.T.

    Thanks, Julie. I'm glad the title is working for people. It's gonna be the one I stick with until I'm forced to change it.

    Roni, you and me both. I can't believe how many entries there are! Good luck to you, too!

    Thanks, Angie. I was with Elana at Book Academy. My apologies for not introducing myself either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like vanilla with chocolate sauce too. Yummy! Thanks for your honest answers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should post your paragraph you entered here! There are so many entries- mine is lost in the shuffle too.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, see I like vanilla with caramel. And pecans. And bananas. Yum. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just like ice-cream. Haven't really met a flavor I didn't like or wasn't able to see something positive about :)

    Nice to get to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elana, vanilla with caramel is absolutely yummy too, I will give you that. But leave off the nuts and bananas.

    Tabitha, I wish I could say the same about flavors. But alas I am too picky.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a vanilla fan but hold the chocolate syrup! Will have to check out your entry and think about changing my name to something that isn't quite so 'strange'.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with that, SF. It's an agonizing decision, let me tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmm, ice cream! Thank you for sharing this! It's so good to put a face with your name now and to learn more about you! Nathan's contest has been great just for that. :)

    ReplyDelete

All content copyright of the author. Please ask permission before re-printing.

Fair use quotations and links do no require prior consent of the author.