Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Update Tuesday 9/25-10/1

Hello, friends!  Another week gone.  And now we're in October.  (Seriously, I think that some paranormal being sneaks into my life and steals days from my years.  How is it already this close to the end of the year?)

I got much writing done this week, friends.  Mirror, Mirror is coming along nicely.  I'm fairly certain at this point that I'm going to have to brainstorm more rug-pulling events for my characters to build out my word count.

But that is where beta readers will come in handy.  Because they'll be able to tell me where they want more information/details/etcetera and I can use that to round out my word count.

I love writing longhand, though, because it forces me to focus on the story and not word count.  I'm telling the story as I see it in my head and not trying to throw in needless information just to reach a certain arbitrarily chosen number.

I'm aiming to finish this by mid-October as I've pretty much committed to participating in NaNoWriMo this year.  Keep your fingers crossed that life doesn't blow up in my face, as it is wont to do, preventing me from accomplishing said goal.

How are your WiPs going?

5 comments:

  1. Good luck on reaching your wordcount goal (and NaNo!)! I'm going to be drafting soon (outlining now) - I think I'll start before NaNo, but I should be in the thick of writing like the rest of the NaNoites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I love writing longhand too. I count pages rather than words. I hope NaNo goes well for you too. My WIP is coming along nicely. Slowly, but nicely. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just published "Whistle Creek", Book 1 of The Whistle Creek Series, in Kindle and Nook format. Finishing up "Christmas By The Creek", Book 2, revisions are almost complete. And I plan to write "Whistle Creek Wedding" (not sure about the name yet), Book 3 in November for NaNoWriMo 2011. Best wishes to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've been busy! I've been lagging a little, but I also want to finish my current project mid October so I can participate in NaNo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire those of you who can write longhand. I type faster than I write, so I get frustrated when my fingers can't keep up with my brain. Good luck on getting that finished this month. You can do it!! I haven't decided whether or not to do NaNo this year, but I might just have to. I'll have to have a plan first though, to avoid another train wreck like 2 years ago. :)

    ReplyDelete

All content copyright of the author. Please ask permission before re-printing.

Fair use quotations and links do no require prior consent of the author.