Friday, April 9, 2010

Charactering "Series"

OK, so it appears that I'm on a character-crafting kick with posts lately.  That being said, I'm going to compile links to the posts related to this aspect of writing and put them here.  Any time I add a post with the label "charactering" I'll put the link in this post.  (And almost all of the ones that have come under that label to this point are here.)  This post will also be in the sidebar, probably right under the genre series post.

A Life in Freefall
MS Hospital
Hitchhikers
Complicating Characters
I'll take a distillate of passion and lace, please
Risking Sentimentality
Character Bios
Consistency Thy Name is Editor
Breaking Types
Be careful or you will end up in my novel
Turning notions on their heads
What makes a compelling story?
What will your characters do?
What's in a name?
Perception
Live like you were dying
Think of me fondly...
Compelling characters
Memorable introductions
Reconciling differences
Connections
More on side characters
Antagonist's motives: Important or not?
A tip for getting inside your MC's head
Tuning into the world around you
Change
Character Names
Complicating Characters Revisited

4 comments:

  1. OH, now that sounds like fun! Thanks for all the links. :) You've got some awesome info to share!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific links, and all in one handy place! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you are organizing everything. Thanks. It's all so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! Thanks for the links!
    I'm taking a characterization class right now. :)

    ReplyDelete

All content copyright of the author. Please ask permission before re-printing.

Fair use quotations and links do no require prior consent of the author.