Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Books of 2011: A Retrospective

Since I'm still on writing hiatus while I work out issues, our regular update post will be taken over by a reflective post.

These are the books I read or started to read in 2011:

Monarch by Michelle Davidson Argyle
Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
Herafter by Tara Hudson
Shifting by Bethany Wiggins
The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn
To Catch a Pirate by Jade Parker
The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
Supernaturally by Kiersten White
Possession by Elana Johnson
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
Second Chance Courtship by Glynna Kaye
Scene of the Crime: Bachelor Moon by Carla Cassidy
My Life Undecided by Jessica Brody
Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George
Witch Song by Amber Argyle
Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan
The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan
Firelight by Sophie Jordan
Matched by Ally Condie
Light of Epertase:Legends Reborn by Douglas R. Brown

Looking at this list I see a few things.

1-If you didn't know any better you'd think I had an affinity for a certain author.  The truth is I just got that far behind on the books and ended up reading the first two in each series in the same year.

2- I tried to branch out but it so did not work.  (Read, I read two straight up romances.  I ran back to my YA fantasy world very quickly.)

3- It's a good thing for ARCs and contests and meeting people and just having conversations.  Several of the books on this list came about that way.

4- Not every book is created equal and not every genre is my cup of tea.

1 comment:

  1. I've really enjoyed Riordan's Greek series. I thought I'd love the Egyptian books even more, but I just love the characters from the other books.

    ReplyDelete

All content copyright of the author. Please ask permission before re-printing.

Fair use quotations and links do no require prior consent of the author.