Wednesday, September 7, 2011

WiP Wednesday 9/7

Well, it's that time again.  This time I only have one project to update you on.

Mirror, Mirror (YA traditional fantasy)

I've made some progress.  Thanks to a temp job and a sudden move across state lines, August was a rather unproductive month for me.  I'm settling back into a semblance of normal and have been getting some writing done.  Usually this happens at night right before bed.  Which I'm fine with.

I filled the first notebook (I'm writing this one longhand) and moved into the second.  When that happened I also started to type out what's already been written.  I'm probably sitting around 29K-30K words right now so I am probably going to end up adding a lot in when I go through and revise.  There is room for it as I tend to be pretty spare in my setting and action descriptions on the first draft.  Especially in dialogue passages.  The first revision usually largely addresses the floating head syndrome.

In all, I plan to be done with this book's first draft by the end of the month.

How are your WiPs going?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome! Good luck finishing this month! I'm on (hopefully) my last edit for my YA Epic Fantasy before vigorously searching for an agent, and have just started the first draft of a paranormal novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good progress! I can't believe you're writing it by hand. I've done that for small snatches, but never a whole book. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing great! I'm impressed you're writing despite the upheaval. And longhand! I can't even IMAGINE!!

    I'm having fun with writing right now. Getting a book ready for publication, drafting the second in a series, revising something different. It's keeping me busy!

    ReplyDelete

All content copyright of the author. Please ask permission before re-printing.

Fair use quotations and links do no require prior consent of the author.