Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Day Late

And many dollars short.  Hee hee.

Sorry for not getting a WiP update to you guys yesterday.  I've fallen into a funk.  There's a lot going on in my personal life right now that is really dragging down everything else.

I'm plugging away at chapter 5 in the traditional fantasy WiP.  This chapter has turned into a beast of a thing.  It won't end right now.  It just keeps going.  I'm either too much a slave to the rough outline I wrote out for myself or I'm throwing in too much unnecessary stuff.  Or both.

Revisions on the contemporary fantasy will commence when I've finished beta reading for two friends.  Which I'm hoping to get done by the end of the weekend.  (I'm sorry, guys.  I'm a total fail at beta reading right now. :( )

Fortunately for me, the muse seems to be really focused on the current project.  I haven't had an SNI hit me yet in this project.  *knocks wood*

How are your WiPs going?

3 comments:

  1. I'm on the cusp of revisions. I've finished the WIP, written an initial query letter for it, and am waiting for critiques back from my critter buddies. So, I'm a bit restless :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am much further back. I am still rewriting my outline. I am strict plotter, and from my past experiences, I realized that for me, I need my outline to be in great shape before I start writing. My writing group is critiquing my outline in two weeks, so hopefully it'll need no major revisions after that.

    ReplyDelete

All content copyright of the author. Please ask permission before re-printing.

Fair use quotations and links do no require prior consent of the author.