Friday, March 11, 2011

Footloose and Fancy-free Friday 3/11

I always do this to myself: a tragedy happens and I glue myself to the television.  It's not healthy, but it's what happens.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by this earthquake and tsunami.

It's the weekend, finally.  I needed it to be the weekend so much.  Maybe I'll actually be able to work some on When the Star Fell.  You know, when I'm not busy living my life and working on other projects that demand attention.

I face a dilemma, now, too.  I feel like I need to separate my networking professional persona from my personal Facebook.  The plan would be to create a page for myself where I can network and such, and leave my main profile for very close friends and family.  Meaning most likely you would only remain a friend on Facebook if a) we're related, b) we've met in real life,  or c) I have a very good personal reason for keeping you as a friend on my profile.  But how to tell everyone?  I mean, it could come off as awfully rude if I'm not careful.  But I also don't want to cull my profile's friend's list without any explanation.

Have a good weekend everyone!

5 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to them too. Fortunately, I don't have TV to be glued too, or I'd be too traumatized.

    I have wondered the same thing about Facebook. You could do something kind of like what Jaime Theler did. She just explained she was creating a new profile for her writer type friends, since she didn't want to bore everyone else with writing stuff. That's a good way to phrase it to not offend, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the TV coverage distracted me today too during my short hours of writing time.
    I keep meaning to do that on FB but I never get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think just letting us know that you're doing a separate page for friends and family and another one for your writer friends is fine. Just give us an easy link to friend you. People understand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Natalie. Will continue to publicize that over the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's easy to get overwhelmed with all the things happening in the world...maybe that's why I watch cartoons when I can, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

All content copyright of the author. Please ask permission before re-printing.

Fair use quotations and links do no require prior consent of the author.