Wednesday, August 14, 2013

WiP Wednesday 8/4/13-8/11/13

As is often the case, the best-laid plans often go awry. My goal this week was to get back on track to my 1K a day goal. And I did.

Until I didn't.

As of 11 or so Saturday morning, I was fully on track. I had written just over 7200 words. About half an hour later, I'd deleted about 3K of those words.

The story had gone far astray and needed a course correction. Of course I had a plan (as my mom asked me when I told her this). It just went awry.

I'd been trying to play up an element of tension between two characters that ran pretty subtly through the original few drafts. I'm now working to make it more subtle and yet more present now. And that required a wholesale deletion of almost two days' worth of work.

How are your WiPs going?

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, frustrating! I'm glad you're still making headway, though, even if it doesn't feel like it.

    I finished my rewrite on Friday night. I'm ready to fall over dead, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was greatly frustrating to me. Sigh. Glad to hear you finished your rewrite! It seems like that went really quick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, five weeks! But there's still a lot of work to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that how it always goes? Finish a draft and there's ten times the work waiting for you.

      Delete

All content copyright of the author. Please ask permission before re-printing.

Fair use quotations and links do no require prior consent of the author.