Wednesday, August 7, 2013

WiP Wednesday 7/28/13-8/3/13

Well, this rewrite is coming along swimmingly, much to my surprise.  I'm revamping some aspects of character and one little "surprise you can do this too" element that risked turning my MC into a Mary Sue.

I've changed the dynamic of a character interaction/relationship. It's a lot more adversarial now and I think I like it a bit more.

The flow of reveals, of how and what and when my MC learns some things about her heritage is changing, too. And I think it's more sensical now than before.

All in all, last week I added 7072 words to the manuscript (after some cuts/reworkings of a previous scene or two.)

How are your WiPs going?

1 comment:

  1. This is great, great news!!!! I'm sitting at 70k on my rewrite and I've reached a point now where it's all completely new material, so I've slowed way down. Not sure how much longer this will take!

    ReplyDelete

All content copyright of the author. Please ask permission before re-printing.

Fair use quotations and links do no require prior consent of the author.