Monday, October 22, 2012

Comparison is the Thief of Joy

Apologies if I accidentally somehow just plagiarized that from someone. It's not intentional. (I'd argue that the very fact I've mentioned that  indicates I'm not claiming credit for that awesome blog post title.)

Because, really, it is. And I'm getting complacent in my vigilance against comparison.

I feel like my whole life the universe has been trying to teach me that my best will never be good enough. Every day someone else announces a book deal, an agent contract, etcetera. There are dozens of awards out there granted to the golden children.

A new clique of writers crops up every day on Twitter, in the blogosphere, in the deals listings from Publisher's Marketplace.

And every time it feels like there's another nail pounded into the coffin of my non-existent writing career.

If you have a question you're dying to ask me, something you want me to address either here on my site or over at the Dojo, send it to info(at)stephanie-mcgee(dot)com

Comments and other fun stuff can be sent to stephanie(at)stephanie-mcgee(dot)com
All content copyright of the author. Please ask permission before re-printing.

Fair use quotations and links do no require prior consent of the author.