Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Update Tuesday 2/5-2/12

Let's see...

Still working on the first couple of chapters for Woven. I'm rewriting them and it's torture. Seriously. This is now the second rewrite. I've never struggled this much with an opening. I really haven't.

I got an inkling of an idea for the next story I want to write. I'm not sure if this will be a trilogy, duology, or standalone. But it's set in the same world as Woven and its trilogy, and contemporaneous to that trilogy. It's a loose reimagining of the Arabian Nights. With dragons.

How are your WiPs going?

2 comments:

  1. I'm also in rewriting mode, trying to fix major issues with plot and character before diving into chapter-by-chapter rewrites. Rewriting is difficult, but I feel so proud when I figure out a solution for a plot problem or have an epiphany about a character. Your new draft will be well-earned. Good luck with the rewrites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you're making progress. But I hear ya. It's slow and torturous. Took me two weeks to straighten out Chapter Three. Felt great when I finally pushed back from the keyboard. Chapter Four awaits, oy! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

All content copyright of the author. Please ask permission before re-printing.

Fair use quotations and links do no require prior consent of the author.