Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Update Tuesday 10/30-11/5

Well, let's see.  I've totally lost all resolve for taking November off from anything writing-related.  I spent a couple of hours on Saturday figuring out some elements of the book that still needed filling in.  There were lots of places in the draft where I'd just put [Insert such-and-such here] and moved on.

That is what I spent my time Saturday worrying about.  And I finally figured out what I wanted there and am mostly satisfied with the results of such at this juncture.  Sure what was added might change in edits.  (I'm sure some betas will not like what I put in.)  But that's what editing is for.  I just needed to get it in there so I could actually have words to edit.  After all, you can't edit what isn't on the page.

I really love this book and these characters.  Almost as much as I love the characters from the first book I ever set out to write.  (Which I'm still determined to save someday.)

How are your WiPs going?

4 comments:

  1. Good job! It's way hard to take a break from writing altogether. My WIP is coming along. I'm on page 215 now. I'm in the middle where I tend to get bogged down, but I have some ideas I'm excited about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I love when I get things figured out! My WIP is on hold, too. I had to get through a stack of revisions first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! This is what being a writer is all about. Period. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed it is, Angie. Something which the universe routinely has to remind me of. Good luck with your WiP and getting it finished. I'm sure you'll just sail to the finish line.

    Peggy, I know that feeling. I've done that with other projects where I got an idea for something and started it but then got feedback from betas so dove into revising and put the drafting on hold.

    It absolutely is, Michelle. I can handle revisions, but writing (first draft) and creating are my favorite parts of the project for me.

    ReplyDelete

All content copyright of the author. Please ask permission before re-printing.

Fair use quotations and links do no require prior consent of the author.