Wednesday, May 11, 2011

WiP Wednesday 5/11

I'm still working back into a good writing flow.  Which will not happen today most likely.  (Dismal and dreary weather seems to do that to me.)  On to the updates.

When the Star Fell:

I'm debating my title, once again.  I love this title, but I don't know if it's the right title for this book.  I might have to hang on to it and use it for a different book from the same mythology that I developed for this one.

I've sent it off to another beta and have been getting some feedback on the first few chapters.  Just what this means for the next round of revisions, I have no idea.

Truth or Dare:

I've added maybe 1600 words to this in the last few days.  I want to finish this by the end of the month and I'm thinking it might happen.  But I also think the story itself is going to fall far short of my word count goal so I'm thinking of scrapping the goal all together and just writing.

A very scary thought, I know.

That's it for updates on this glum Wednesday.  (Seriously, it rained all night and the sun still doesn't want to show its face.)  How are your WiPs going?

And don't forget to come back tomorrow for part 3 in my Twitter Basics for Authors series!

5 comments:

  1. I agree, glum weather is a muse stifler. My WIP? Slow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm plugging away. Right now mostly just changing POV in my MG sci fi. It's tedious and very left-brained and I don't like it. I'm looking forward to having that done so I can dig into the creative side more!

    I agree on the title for When the Star Fell. It's a GREAT title, but maybe a bit off for that story. I'd call it HERO or something like that, focusing more on Derek (is that his name? i'm terrible at remembering details!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish it would stop raining! My current WIP is a short story that I plan to finish this week. Man I love writing short fiction. More immediate gratification. =) I will be starting your book soon. I'm looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love writing in glum weather. Just crank the heater, grab a cup of coffee and get cosy inside to write!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruth, hope the WiP inspiration bug hits and the words start flowing again!

    Sari, you're much too fond of glum weather. LOL.

    Thanks for stopping by everyone!

    ReplyDelete

All content copyright of the author. Please ask permission before re-printing.

Fair use quotations and links do no require prior consent of the author.