Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Books of May 2011

New month, new set of book releases.  Here are the ones I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this month.

The Steampunk Bible by Jeff VanderMeer (Already out)

I've been wanting to try my hand at true steampunk.  This one seems like a good starter guide for generating ideas that I can research.  Also good for helping grasp the basics of just what steampunk is.  It traces the history of the sub-genre.

Throne of Fire (Kane Chronicles Book 2) by Rick Riordan (Released today)

I'm currently reading The Red Pyramid, the first in this series.  I'm thoroughly enjoying it at the moment and so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Divergent by Veronica Roth (Released today)

I read about this one recently and it sounds interesting.  Dystopian isn't normally my thing, but I'm willing to give it a try.  Plus she's a debut author.

Tempest Rising by Tracy Deebs (May 10)

This one sounded really pretty interesting when I read about it on Amazon.  I think I'll give it a try.  Plus it's about mermaids, and probably so much more.  (Hello, loved "The Little Mermaid" growing up.)

Die for Me by Amy Plum (May 10)

Another debut author.  This one sounded really intriguing, plus it's set in Paris.  So I'm really going to have to find a way of getting this one.

Jacob Wonderbar and the Cosmic Space Kapow by Nathan Bransford (May 12)

Okay, totally want to read this one.  It sounds so fun.  And how can you resist a space ship traded for a corn dog?

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini (May 31)

If you're friends with me on Goodreads, you may have noticed I already starred this one.  That's because I won an ARC of it.  I really enjoyed it and she's a debut author so I want to support her.  Which might just mean buying a copy once it's out.

How about you?  What books are you looking forward to this month?  (And feel free to link to the author's pages, if you so wish.)

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited that DIVERGENT is out today. I've been looking forward to reading it for months! It's going to take a lot of willpower to do my workout during my lunch instead of going to buy it immediately! :]

    ReplyDelete

All content copyright of the author. Please ask permission before re-printing.

Fair use quotations and links do no require prior consent of the author.