Wednesday, April 20, 2011

WiP Wednesday 4/20

I have a severe lack of progress to report at this point in time.

When the Star Fell: This one is going on the backburner.  I've been thinking about it, and it needs an overhaul.  One thing thought that had kept coming up in my head, even as I finished that first draft a long time ago (not in a galaxy far, far away, though) was that the book needed to be focused on a different character.  The MC is currently Derek, my normal, non-paranormal character.  The MC needs to be the main paranormal character, Alnair.  Corollary to this change, the book needs to be the third in a series.  Each book would have its own standalone plot, its own character arc for this character, but there would be an overall emotional arc for her.

Truth or Dare: Boy is this one giving me issues.  Who knew it would be so difficult to write?  It's going to need a lot of added wordage when I get to "The End."  But I'm not going to worry about that one until I get there.  I am enjoying it, mostly.  When I can get some writing time.  I'm trying to find that balance right now between all the real-life things demanding my time and my writing.  It's an on-going struggle.  That just became less of a struggle because of some factors not in my control.

Poetry: Nowhere fast.  I go through phases, I guess, where I'm really motivated to work on it.  Then the muse vanishes and it sits untouched for ages.  Failed attempts at getting any of it published probably have something to do with this.  I write poetry from my own experience.  I don't write about war or politics or weighty issues.  I write about loss a lot I suppose.  But I'm okay with this.  I may someday decide to self-publish my poetry just for kicks.

2 comments:

  1. That does sound like a major overhaul, especially deciding you need two more books before it. Good luck with all your projects. They'll all turn out great eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate to the struggle to find writing time.

    ReplyDelete

All content copyright of the author. Please ask permission before re-printing.

Fair use quotations and links do no require prior consent of the author.