Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Gone

Wow.  Another year gone.  This one's definitely had its ups and downs.  2011 will be much the same.

In January of this year (2010), I posted a list of my writerly goals for the year.  The post can be found here.

Of those, I only hit 2 of them.  Big ones, mind you, but only 2.  (Finished Oracles Promise and Lodestar with minor revisions to the latter and shelving the former.)

This year, my goals are thus:

1- Revise Lodestar
2- Query Lodestar (At some point in the year.  I'm no fool so I'm not going to set a concrete deadline for that one.)
3- Write 1 or 2 books more.  After all, I want to be an author.  Someday I hope to have deadlines.  I need to for sure get my act together for speeding up my writing process.  I can't write only 1 1/3 books in a year.
4- Finish 1 poetry collection, of whichever length, and try to get it published, too.

Happy New Year everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Stephanie! Good luck on your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, 1.3 books a year is more than some writers do! After all, we have to live our lives, too, and some years are just busier than others. Having said that, my own WIP has been languishing since May and it's driving me nuts. In 2011, I'm going to finish it! That's my goal.

    Happy New Year to you, and best writerly wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Great goals. Hope you make them all. I'm going to try to finish revisions and query this year as well as work on a new book.

    ReplyDelete

All content copyright of the author. Please ask permission before re-printing.

Fair use quotations and links do no require prior consent of the author.